OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS PUBLISHED
WITH An Interview with Vivian Howard
of Chef and the Farmer and A Chef's Life
IN THE AWARD-WINNING NORTH CAROLINA LITERARY REVIEW
How would you like to have a photograph of yours used in the layout of our interview with Vivian Howard by one of the talented graphic designers of the North Carolina Literary Review? In this era of taking photographs at restaurants, we figure there are a lot of photographs out there of people eating Vivian's food at Vivian's restaurants. If you have such photos, please submit them to us right away!
The first 5 to submit and the first to submit for each restaurant (Chef and the Farmer, Boiler Room, and most recently, Benny's Big Time in Wilmington, will receive a back issue featuring one of NCLR's Food Finds articles. (One free early bird back issue per person.)
If your photograph is selected for inclusion, you will receive a complimentary copy of the issue featuring the interview (due out summer 2018) and (while you wait) a gift copy of a back issue containing food-related content.
UPDATE: We will continue to accept photographs until the graphic designer starts on this essay's layout.
Submit via this link to submittable.
(There is no fee to set up an account with Submittable.)
- You may submit up to 6 photographs in a single submission (only one submission per person).
- Please include the name of the restaurant in the photo file name.
- Photograph files must be high resolution to be published in a print publication. That means it must have been taken at at least 300 dpi at 3x5 inches. (To determine image size, see instructions on the left.*) Photographs that are not high enough resolution will not be considered.
- Photographs will be published in black and white, but please submit in their original full color (unless originally taken in black and white). To see what your photograph will look like in black and white, see instructions on the left.**) How well photographs translate into black and white will be part of selection consideration.
- In the interest of not spreading viruses and because some email programs compress photographs for sending, we ask that you submit your photograph as a .jpg or .tif file through NCLR’s Submittable account, which does require registration for use. There is no charge for using Submittable or for this submission.
- The Submittable form will require caption and credit information and your mailing address to receive your issue if your photograph is selected.
- Find instructions about using Submittable here:
- If you have any difficulty uploading to or registering with Submittable or any other questions, please email NCLRSubmissions@ecu.edu or call 252-328-1537.
- Include your mailing address to receive your issues if your photograph is picked.